Talkonaut 4.15 Introduces Many New Features
If you are a fan of the free IM/VoIP S60 client, Talkonaut, you can now upgrade to its 4.15 release. Talkonaut 4.15 – which is almost incompatible with Symbian S60 screen readers – offers the following new features and bug fixes:
- ZLib compression support added which allows to reduce IM chat and presence traffic by 7-10 times.
- Status storing support.
- Improved feel and look for graphical user interface.
- Improved menu structure, frequently used features are now easily accessed through right soft-key.
- Talkonaut is now translated to Polish, Chinese and Arabic languages.
- Clipboard support for “copy” and “paste” features.
- Support for Password-Protected conference rooms.
- Support for nick change in conference rooms.
- Real full JID is being displayed for conference room moderators.
- Extended contact information is now available.
- “Contacts” tab is not shown when “show groups” or “show IM groups” option is enabled.
- Native ICQ, MSN, Yahoo and AIM -like sound notifications.
- Long text support in chat input, allows to insert Enter character.
- Some smilies were not properly shown (THUMB-UP).
- Private chat contacts no longer appear in main roster.
- Fixed vCard support.
- Fixed calling from Google Talk to Talkonaut.
- Improved voice quality for mVoIP calls.
- Fixed SSL connection on Symbian.
Simply put, if Talkonaut supported Skype and were screen-reader compatible, it could be called the most feature-rich Symbian S60 VoIP/IM client.
Related Info: Talkonaut Vo-IP / Messenger Comparison