The Nokia N79 Cell Phone Tops the Candybar Category
In spite of the fact that we can’t praise a cell phone without actually using it, it seems to me that the Nokia N79 is the best candybar handset manufactured by Nokia. This means that even the N82 will no longer carry the title of the best candybar Nseries handset. Just take a look at the following N79 specs:
- Stylish Nseries power emphasized by two different front covers – and five Xpress-on TM smart back covers. Three smart covers are included in every box, so the N79 can suit any occasion. The display theme changes automatically when new covers are attached.
- FM Transmitter with direct access to the Nokia Music Store, power for up to 24 hours of music playback plus 3.5 mm headset connector and dedicated music keys for non-stop music enjoyment.
- 5 MPX camera with Carl Zeiss optics, geotagging and dual LED-flash for high-quality images and DVD. Quality video and easy upload to Share on Ovi, Flickr or YouTube.
- Discover new places with turn-by-turn voice navigation, pedestrian navigation, city guides and 15 million points of interest with Nokia Maps 2.0.
- Includes a 4GB microSD card and supports up to 8GB for carrying a wide selection of songs, photos, videos and games.
- Size: 110 x 49 x 15 mm.
- Weight: 97g.
- Display: 2.4” QVGA (240×320 px) with up to 16M colors.
- Memory: Up to 50MB internal memory, 4GB in-box micro SD memory card.
- Talk time: Up to 210 min (3G), 330 min (GSM).
- Stand-by time: Up to 406 hours (3G), 370 hours (GSM).
So far, we know that the N79 is the smallest candybar Nseries handset. It’s also the first candybar Nseries smartphone to offer dedicated music keys. However, these are not enough to make the N79 shine. The following features have been taken from N79 technical specs page.
- BL-6F 1200 mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Browsing time with packet data (maximum): 5 h 54 min.
- Video playback time (maximum): 4 h 24 min.
- Video recording time (maximum): 3 h 30 min.
- Video calling time (maximum): 2 h 20 min.
- Music playback time (maximum): 29 h.
- Gaming time (maximum): 4h.
- Slide cover for protection and camera activation.
- Video recording file formats: .mp4, .3gp; codecs: H.263, H.264.
- Audio recording formats: AMR, AAC stereo.
- Video playback file formats: MPEG4, AVC/H.264, WMV, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP.
- Video streaming: MPEG4, AVC/H.264, WMV, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP.
- Audio streaming.
- UPnP music streaming.
- Digital stereo microphone.
As the detailed specs list shows, the N79 comes with a BL-6F 1200 mAh battery, supports audio/video streaming, provides a digital stereo microphone, and ads AAC to the audio formats it can record. I believe these are enough to take any Nseries handset one step forward. If the right-mounted speakers are better than those of the N82, I’ll definitely get an N79 as it reaches Iran.
Related Info: Nokia N79 & N85 To Be Announced Today