SHAPE Services Releases Persistent.IM Beta
SHAPE Services which is known for its IM+ and Mobiola applications has released a web-based service called Persistent.IM. This free service allows you to communicate across major IM clients. Each conference shows up and behaves as a contact in the IM contacts’ list. Conference participants may use accounts in AIM®/iChat, MSN®/Windows Live™ Messenger, Yahoo!®, ICQ®, Jabber®, Google Talk™ and MySpaceIM and keep using their preferred instant messenger client. A persistent conference stays live and can be visited anytime. You need to invite your peers to the conference only once and it will appear as a contact in their instant messengers. When someone from the conference writes a message, it is delivered instantly to all online participants; offline participants receive it when they get online. Easy to read message archive is available during the group lifecycle as a better and more convenient alternative to instant messenger history.
SHAPE Services lists the following reasons which might convince people to use Persistent.IM:
- You and your team use Instant Messaging as part of the everyday life.
- You need to inform your team instantly about something important and be reassured that everyone receives your note. Sometimes an important message is undelivered because the contact was offline or missing from the list of e-mail recipients. With Persistent.im no need to worry that your sent message will be undelivered. The offline participants receive all messages when they get online. |||
- You use IM conferences but find them inconvenient. You are tired of setting up conferences and inviting contacts to join every time you start your preferred IM software. A persistent chat group is created on the server and is live whenever you need it. No need to invite all the participants again and again. |||
- You want to have full history of your conferences arranged by conference’ subject. You’re tired of pulling out bits of conference history from the archive in IM client. In persistent.im the full message archive is kept on the server and is available during the group lifecycle. |||
- You enjoy carrying out conferences but don’t want to spend time installing new software. It’s not another system or software that IT needs to train people or force people to use. It’s just a natural way for peope to talk using their preferred IM software. |||
- You can communicate across major IM services. If your friend is using Jabber and you don’t want to sign up to another IM system just to talk to him, just start up a group in which you can talk. Conduct virtual meetings with people from all public IM systems: AIM®/iChat, MSN®/Windows Live™ Messenger, Yahoo!®, ICQ®, Jabber®, Google Talk™ and MySpaceIM in various chat groups. |||
- It’s easy as it requires a simple account.
- It’s free.
To use this service, first go to this page to create an account with SHAPE Services.
Related Info: SHAPE Services Interview Winners