Nokia N82 cell phone gets a new firmware update
Today Nokia released a new firmware for the N82. It’s V11.0.117, and seems to be a minor update, mainly targeting bugs. Those who have updated their N82 report to have seen a slightly increased amount of RAM after the update. More importantly, N82 is the first Nokia handset to have received “user data preservation (UDP)”, which keeps data stored on the phone memory intact after the update. At any rate, the changelog for this firmware follows:
- Improvements of “Unexpected error…” probability when starting up with quick succession of camera lens cover open/close.
Music player (Music player stability):
- Fix for music player freeze when operating app from accessory remote controller e.g. BT headsets, AD-54 etc.
- Reset fix when opening Map app from landmark app,
- Long Map app closing time,
- Address search in Chinese character.
One more point: to update your N82, you need the latest release of Nokia Software Updater.
I’ll be updating mine tomorrow, and will be reporting my findings on the mobile space homepage.
Related Info: Nokia N82 Review: Part 1